Magnificent Monday: September 22nd, 2014

15 Flares Facebook 1 Twitter 8 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 0 Buffer 5 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 15 Flares ×

magnificent monday verse luke 1 45

 

I’m not a fan of Mondays.

 

It’s always hard to wake up, I’m usually in a bad mood and I’m left to mourn the passing of another weekend.

 

I have a feeling I’m not alone.

 

But, as I’m sure you’re well aware, Monday morning sets the tone for the rest of the week. Because of this, I wanted to find a way to perk up every Monday morning. To provide inspiration, humor and a little magnificence.

That’s why today is the start of Magnificent Mondays!

Every week (God willing), I’ll be providing a little something awesome. Be it a video, picture or inspirational story, I want to start your week of right.

 

Today, I’ve found 5 great videos that will instantly motivate you for the rest of the week (if not longer).

 

How to Find and Do Work You Love

Why does 80% of America’s workforce hate the work they do? And, more importantly, what are the other 20% doing differently? I love this TEDTalk from Scott Dinsmore because it makes you question your place in life and provides a practical guide for making the most out of your time.
 

Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

No matter how you feel about Apple products, you can’t help but be inspired by Steve Jobs. Best line: “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”

 

Overcoming Hopelessness

Another TEDTalk by Nick Vujicic, a man born without arms or legs. His life itself is inspiring enough, but Nick takes it further by bringing it all back to love. Any question why I find him so amazing? “When we feel like we don’t have enough love and enough hope, we start losing strength to live.”

 

Lessons from the Mental Hospital

I find Glennon Doyle Melton’s story so motivating because she’s a woman who continually found herself at rock bottom. If you listen to her story, she didn’t just find a quick-fix. So many of us receive advice to “just fix” our issues, and are then made to feel inadequate when it isn’t that easy. Fortunately, when we do make it out of our dark place, we find the hope that had been there all along.

 

Stroke of Insight

Jill Bolte Taylor is simply an incredible woman. She’s a neuroscientist who one day realizes she’s having a stroke. Not only does she turn this tragedy into an incredible adventure, she sets out to teach others what she learned during the process. Best line: “We have the power to choose, moment by moment, who and how we want to be in the world.”

 

I hope you enjoyed the very first in this new Magnificent Monday series! There’s so much awesomeness in this world. We shouldn’t forget that just because it’s Monday.

 

Did you like this week’s motivational videos? Leave a comment letting me know what you’ve found magnificent today!

 

Photo Credit: Fernando Flores

 

Did you enjoy this week’s Magnificent Monday post? Would you like an instant link to every week’s post? Make sure to join my email list!

15 Flares Facebook 1 Twitter 8 Google+ 1 Pin It Share 0 LinkedIn 0 Buffer 5 StumbleUpon 0 Email -- 15 Flares ×
  • kenneth dawson

    yes I enjoyed and let me say that fits the mold of that text in Hebrews where it says we should not forsake the assembling of our selves but instead to gather and encourage each other on–good job I feel encouraged–thanks.

    • MeganInTheRealWorld

      Kenneth, I’m so glad you feel encouraged! 🙂 Have a great week!